The Metavox features a built-in oscillator section, complete with several kinds of modulation, that can be controlled by an incoming stereo signal. Alternatively, it can produce a vocoding effect on any external source plugged into the right input, with the controlling (voice) source plugged into the left input.
- One-oscillator vocoder with four built-in waveforms (saw, rectified saw, square, and noise) in a compact box
- Can vocode external sources, for polyphonic vocoding of an external synthesizer, guitar, etc.
- Built-in modulation of the internal oscillator by any of five different mod sources
- Tempo Sync keeps modulation in time with the music
- Tap Tempo makes it easy to set the speed of modulation by tapping a beat on the top panel
- Reset Mod lets you reset the phase of any modulation shape from its beginning
- Uniform, friendly, uncomplicated user interface-no fiddling with complicated menus or "hidden" knobs
- Stereo processing via four 1/4" unbalanced connectors
- ModLink port, a cable-free connection that transfers digital audio and word clock to other ModFX units
- Footswitch connection to control the bypass function
- Ability to mount 3 ModFX boxes in the optional ModFX rack adapter
- Input trim control to adjust the input level
- Internal 28-bit digital processing
- 24-bit D/A and A/D conversion at 48kHz sampling rate for quiet, distortion-free effects
- External 9VAC power supply included.