- A small-bodied acoustic-electric made with sustainable materials
- Grand Theater body shape is inviting and comfortable
- C-Class bracing facilitates a strong bass response while increasing sustain
- Urban ash back and sides produce a cheery tone with mahogany-like warmth
- Sitka spruce top enhances note articulation
- Eucalyptus fingerboard provides the snappiness of ebony in an eco-friendly package
- Condensed scale length softens string feel for an agile performance
- ES2 electronics produce a lifelike plugged-in tone
New to the lineup in 2020, Taylor’s Grand Theater body shape provides a supremely comfortable playing experience. But this small-bodied acoustic-electric sounds anything but small. Its cutting-edge C-Class bracing pattern gives it a full and robust bass response and the power to punch well above its weight class. The GTe gets its voice from a solid Sitka spruce top paired with solid urban ash back and sides. Reclaimed from Southern California’s bustling metropolis, urban ash delivers a sweet tone that’s reminiscent of mahogany. As much as your ears will like the sound of the guitar, your fingers will delight at the 24-1/8-inch scale length. The lower string tension makes the strings feel light and pliable, which is perfect for fingerstyle, cowboy chords, and the occasional solo. Plus, thanks to the stellar ES2 electronics, you can take the GTe onstage. Packing heavyweight power into a lightweight and comfortable body, the Taylor GTe is sure to impress you with its sound and feel.
This small guitar introduces C-Class bracing, a proprietary bracing pattern developed to bring out a surprisingly robust bass response despite its size. C-Class bracing uses an asymmetrical, cantilevered design that strikes the perfect balance between stiffness and flexibility.
The Taylor GTe is a bona fide studio and stage workhorse, thanks to the onboard ES2 electronics. ES2 electronics take advantage of Taylor’s proprietary pickup design. It has a 3-section pickup mounted in the bridge, behind the saddle. Because of its position, the pickup delivers a clear, lifelike acoustic tone each time you plug in.
Number of Strings : 6
Strings Type : Phosphor Bronze Light, .012-.053
|Right / Left Handed
|Back and Sides Wood
||Solid Urban Ash
Neck Wood : Tropical Mahogany
Neck Shape : Standard Carve
Fingerboard Material : Eucalyptus
Fingerboard Inlay : Italian Acrylic Pinnacle
|Number of Frets
||Taylor Nickel Mini
Nut / Saddle Material : Black Graphite Nut / Micarta Saddle
Nut Width : 1.718"