- All-koa construction offers a crisp snap with strong mids and sparkling highs that sound better with age
- Grand Auditorium body shape yields excellent projection and definition
- Comfortable neo-tropical mahogany neck and West African ebony fingerboard are eminently playable
- ES2 electronics produce top-notch amplified tone
- Stunning koa body; black binding; single-ring faux pearl rosette with interlocking “fishbone” pattern; and Italian acrylic, small diamond fingerboard inlays
- Bronze tuners ensure rock-solid intonation
Like a fine wine, the Taylor 224ce-K DLX promises to only get better with age. The crisp snap, strong mids, and sparkling highs exhibited by this acoustic-electric guitar’s all-koa body will reach new levels of richness, sweetness, and resonance as this instrument matures. Of course, the 224ce-K DLX’s eminently comfortable neo-tropical mahogany neck and easy-playing West African ebony fingerboard ensure that you’ll be playing this guitar for a long, long time. When it’s time to perform, ES2 electronics produce top-notch amplified tone. In addition to its stunning koa body, the 224ce-K DLX also features gorgeous black binding; a single-ring faux pearl rosette with interlocking “fishbone” pattern; and Italian acrylic, small diamond fingerboard inlays.
The 224ce-K DLX features Taylor’s beloved Grand Auditorium body style, which employs the width and depth of a dreadnought with a narrower waist. The result is a sleeker look, with more treble top end. This body style also helps to sharpen the definition of each note. Ultimately, from fingerpicking to medium strumming, the Grand Auditorium is a great choice for any playing style and genre.
If you play plugged in, then you’re going to love the Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) electronics built into your 224ce-K DLX. The key to this fantastic system is the 3-section proprietary pickup located behind the saddle. Due to where it’s positioned and how it’s integrated into the 224ce-K DLX’s saddle, the ES2 pickup provides you with remarkably clear and accurate sound. In addition to a master volume control, a pair of tone controls lets you tweak your highs and lows to get the sound you need, and a discrete phase switch offers vital onboard feedback suppression.
Type : Phosphor Bronze Light, .012-.053
Number of Strings : 6
|Left / Right Handed
|Back and Sides Wood
Neck Wood : Neo-tropical Mahogany
Neck Shape : Standard
Fingerboard Material : West African Ebony
Fingerboard Inlay : Small Diamonds
|Number of Frets
||Bronze Closed Gear
Nut / Saddle Material : NuBone/Micarta
Nut Width : 1.6875"