Capture the sound of legendary preamps with Unison technology
The Apollo Solo's Unison preamp technology goes so far beyond traditional software modeling and emulations that it's really in a category all its own. In essence, Unison is a bidirectional communication between the Apollo Solo's mic preamp and a Unison-capable plug-in, such as the included 610-B plug-in that re-creates the sound of UA's classic LA-610 preamp.
The plug-in actually adjusts the preamp circuit itself, including parameters such as impedance, analog gain structure, and much more. When you adjust the Apollo Solo's preamp gain knob and physical controls, the plug-in adjusts the preamp's behavior to match the target preamp. So you're not simply filtering your audio to approximate the character of a famous preamp — your microphone is now interacting with the Apollo Solo's input the same way it would behave with the "modeled" preamplifier.
UAD plug-ins astounded the recording world with their incredible ability to sound like analog processors, eliminating the need for large racks of gear in the studio. Unison preamp technology will do the same thing for your mic inputs, eliminating the need to collect and maintain expensive hardware preamps just for sonic variety.
Sensational plug-in bundle included!
UAD Powered Plug-ins have earned their reputation for being some of the most accurate emulations of analog audio equipment ever created. The astonishing processing power of the UAD platform is what makes these plug-ins sound so great. You simply can't get the depth, color, and character these plug-ins have without devoting huge CPU resources to them. Best of all, Apollo Solo lets you record your audio through UAD plug-ins in real time. When you buy the Apollo Solo Heritage Edition, you’ll receive a premium suite of five award-winning plug-in titles:
- UA 1176 Collection with three unique versions: Rev A, Rev E, and AE
- Teletronix LA‑2A Classic Leveler Collection of three historic versions of the revered electro-optical tube processor
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection provides access to three historical and highly coveted Pultecs
- UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection including the storied Wally Heider "Green Board," used to record Neil Young, Ray Charles, Elvis Presley and Jimi Hendrix
- UA Pure Plate Reverb that delivers a shimmering, authentic plate reverb sound with a minimum of fuss
You'll also receive the Realtime Analog Classics bundle:
- UA 610‐B
- Marshall Plexi Classic Amplifier
- Teletronix LA‐2A Legacy
- UA 1176LN Legacy
- UA 1176SE Legacy
- Pultec EQP‐1A Legacy
- Pultec Pro Legacy
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Modulation
- Precision Delay Modulation L
- Raw Distortion
- Ampeg SVT-VR
UAD-2 processing power built in!
There are times when your computer just doesn't have the power and speed to run all the plug-ins your recording session needs. With UAD Powered Plug-ins, the processing load is taken off your computer and borne by UAD's super-powerful Analog Devices SHARC processors. Universal Audio's Apollo Solo interface has one of these SHARC processors built in, which gives you enough power to track small sessions and start building your mix.
Smart I/O selection for a desktop interface
For smaller studios and mobile producers, the Apollo Solo zeros in on what you need for productive sessions. You've got a pair of Unison mic/line inputs, which sound detailed and transparent. Beyond that, an instrument input, two analog outputs, and a high-quality headphone output give you enough I/O for most small tracking sessions.
Bridging the gap between your UAD-equipped studio and everywhere else
If you mix with UAD plug-ins in your studio but also like to record and mix outside your studio, the Apollo Solo is the missing link you've been waiting for. With just your laptop and the Apollo Solo, you can easily take powerful UAD processing anywhere you go.
And the live sound possibilities are awesome: use the Apollo Solo as a real-time processor for your bass or guitar and take your studio sound onstage. If you're an electronic music producer who also DJs, using the Apollo Solo as your live performance interface will give you huge, detailed sound that will make other DJs jealous.
So, while the Apollo Solo is a great entry point for new UAD users, it's also the perfect way to take your existing UAD-powered projects on the road.
Universal Audio Apollo Solo Heritage Edition Features:
- USB-C audio interface with 2 analog inputs and 2 analog outputs, plus 1 instrument input and a stereo headphone output
- Sounds amazing, with next-generation AD/DA for maximum fidelity
- Use outstanding UAD Powered Plug-ins for tracking and mixdown
- Preamps sound pristine, and Unison technology gives you spot-on emulations of classic preamps
- Includes a premium plug-in suite of 5 award-winning UAD plug-ins, along with the Realtime Analog Classics plug-in bundle with accurate emulations of vintage analog hardware
- USB 3.0 gives you ultra-low latency and huge bandwidth for higher sample rates and track counts
- Compact design makes it perfect for mobile recording, mixing outside of your studio, and even performing live
- Windows only
Note: A USBC-USBC cable will be provided for free. If a USBC-USBA cable is required, it will need to be purchased separately.